sdparkes66

New (to me) clubs

So I got myself a set of Benross Gold Speed (Senior Flex) Irons when I started playing in 2016, bought without advice and for what I thought was a good price (£139, 5-SW)..

Well, I've really been enjoying playing with them, but have never felt 100% confident.

2 days ago a friend of mine has had to hang up his bag due to ill health and gave me his old clubs, a set of Callaway x-18's ..   So, I literally picked one at random, and very weirdly felt confident with the club, so I went to the range with them, and fired a basket of balls, each swing feeling better and better. I cannot believe how different they feel, how much more confident I feel using them, and more importantly, how much more consistency there was with my shots, possibly a placebo effect, not sure, I just know I will be able to do wonders with them. Am not being delusional, I know that I am still going to have plenty of duff shots, but I believe I will have less duff, and more balls going where I want them to..  ( was also a lot straighter with the shots)...

Is it normal that there can be such a difference between clubs and the fact that the feeling of confidence does aid in improving the shots (makes sense that it could)...

Any thoughts ?

• Like 1

Haha, 

I dont know what shafts the X18's have but I would only assume that moving away from a senior flex shaft would make a difference - but that is hard to judge without know how fast you are swinging the golf club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Holbrook said:

Haha, 

I dont know what shafts the X18's have but I would only assume that moving away from a senior flex shaft would make a difference - but that is hard to judge without know how fast you are swinging the golf club. 

I really need to go onto one of these funky machines and find out I guess, wonder if AG will let me do that..  As long as they let me warm up :)