Sign in to follow this  
Ricey155

Astbury hall, Shropshire

Overrated layout, no definition!!
Serious letdown, having wanted to play this course for 2 years, we booked up in February ready for the July comp. 

The clubhouse/house is stunning and the views amazing but that's not why I'm there, I'm there for golf. very very bland layout greens OK and some freshly seeded and patchy having played some stunners lately, this was average at best. no definition to see where fairways ended and rough started. 

18th the feature hole was a stunner but 1 hole in 18 doesn't make it a memorable day out, sadly the 1hr 45mins drive was wasted. I'm sure in 30 years time it will be stunning but it's a new course and very bland. 

Practice facility was an overgrown field good for a wedge only and a putting green with no NET either. 

Not for me and at £30 I've over paid having played plenty for £20 or less in the opens. I hope you enjoy it more than me :-( 

Its £35 /45 a round looking at the website. 

What a complete let down, still deflated the day after :-( oh I wish it had lived up to expectations, I'll add the golf guide tour was excellent and very professionally run.