Sign in to follow this  
lmc

The Nottinghamshire - Champoinship Course

this has officially jumped to my top 3 of English courses. From pulling you in the carpark to driving away there was nothing I could fault.

the course was in amazing condition with danger just in the right places.

my only disappointment was I found the green on the 12th so I didn't get to use the dinky drop spot.

• Like 1

it's a good test of golf, and has always been in good condition when I have played there.

depending on where you live and how far you wish to travel 

Stoke Rochford nr Grantham, Handsworth (Birmingham) Newport (S Wales) all very good parkland courses.

I've played over 130 courses and I can put a lot above the Nottinghamshire. 

let me know where you're based and I'll try and give you a couple of course to try out

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rob Nutt said:

it's a good test of golf, and has always been in good condition when I have played there.

depending on where you live and how far you wish to travel 

Stoke Rochford nr Grantham, Handsworth (Birmingham) Newport (S Wales) all very good parkland courses.

I've played over 130 courses and I can put a lot above the Nottinghamshire. 

let me know where you're based and I'll try and give you a couple of course to try out

based in Sheffield, but willing to drive about 2hrs.

like to play at least 15 new courses a year [6 down already]

I don't know that area particularly well, but Bondhay is good, and Worksop is always worth the green fee IMO

If you don't mind the drive I've heard rave reviews about Manchester golf club, but that is nearer to Oldham than Manchester, I'm due to play there myself in October.

About 80 min south on the M1 you'll find Erewash Valley, I've tried to get a society day there but the days didn't fit

and if your happy to pay £ then Lindrick is stunning, Hollinwell is highly rated and Coxmoor is just another mile away

Hope this helps a little

Woodhall Spa 36 holes both excellent, Fulford in York also had good reviews from the 1906 club which Nuneaton is associated with.