Ricey155

GameGolf Live - anyone else using it ?

Ricey155    56

I've gone full circle with gamegolf, I tried the app only and liked it, bought the tags and used my NEXUS 5 and the NFC function worked OK but NFC is so small I faffed about with it. so sold the tags and left it alone, until I got a call about 6 months ago from gamegolf asking why I'd stopped using it. 

Cut it short I went through forgetting shots and so on, the software was OK but needed improving. adjusting pin positions for 2nd putts is annoying? I mean your hardly going to be 20ft away after your 2nd putt (they got better) It's been excellent the LIVE belt unit works so much better and you hardly forget as it's far bigger sweet spot for NFC over my phone.

So I'm converted and yes I only hit my driver on average 250yrds, which is real over the 280 I thought LOL and my dispersion is poor along with my GIR and Fairway hits .

compared to scratch golfer I lose 4.36 shots around the greens OUCH, putting only 0.67 - I work on my short game but nerves are shot LOL

great piece of kit for me, I love stats and easy stats, if your on it give us an add Ricey155 as always 

• Like 1

Chip4Putt    0

I use a new performance tracker called Shot Scope. It is very similar to Game Golf but doesn't require any tagging, I just wear my band and play. I had a Game golf but would always forget to tag. The other feature with my new kit I like is that it collects the pin position so all the putting stats are accurate, I get to see my make % from different distances which aren't very good but very interesting to see. 

Ricey155    56

Looks decent tbf but I can't wear watches so not good for me, but some good reviews and GG have yet to sort the damn flag position out, why would I be 20ft away from a flag after a putt ?? unless it's Augusta ? 

Ricey155    56

Sold GG collected plenty of info but it's time to start thinking about course management over misses and stats. 

If you hit the ball in the rough or trees and can't chip or pitch stats are useless :-( 

• Like 1

darrenram    21

@Ricey155 another thought have you seen Arccoss?  Personally I'm not sure how accurate the GPS data is with these devices but something I've looked into previously specifically around 'big data' analysis.   Arccoss is pretty much the same as GG but they've partnered with Microsoft to go to the next level in terms of data analysis.

For example if we got everyone tracking their scores on Monday at the Shire you'd overlap all the data and then pull out where the 'birdie chances' come from ie on the 10th did all those going right hit the rough, block themselves out and those hitting the fairway or going left provided the lower scoring opportunities.

So as you say stats are subjective and down to the individual but the data analysis described above could provide the average golfer with the 'course management' insights.

• Like 1

Ricey155    56

Honestly the only issue I have with golf is anxiety, fear and the yips :-( 

Moved from a 3 handicap to 8.6 on chipping and putting yips and quit 3 times, as said mind management is better I believe :-)

I went through a period of using Game Golf regularly but would also forget to tag the club at pressure moments in the round and then have to input it retrospectively. the data was useful but unless you collect ALL the material it can gave a false picture. I need to check out the Shot Scope system as this seems a bit more user friendly.The Tour Caddy Experience is a fantastic learning tool. I played 2 balls that day scoring 10 with mine and 17 points on 9 holes following the advice from Steve Brotherhood. Highly recommend you check out his web site as it sounds like you could gain massively from the input. www.tourcaddyexperience.co.uk 

Ricey155    56

I'll add its a decent system not 100% glitch free but useful. 

TourCaddy idea is great but £200 for 9 holes probably isn't going to happen. Maybe get him on the bag for 36 holes in the club champs see if he can work magic :-) 

Tak KGC    2

Been using GG Live since the start of the year after upgrading from the Classic version. Personally I think its great and it gives me all the data and info I need to pass onto the pro when I have lessons and also to see for myself the areas I need to improve. Noy seen or used other versions so would be great to compare to see what is the best out there. 

Ricey155    56
21 hours ago, Tak KGC said:

Been using GG Live since the start of the year after upgrading from the Classic version. Personally I think its great and it gives me all the data and info I need to pass onto the pro when I have lessons and also to see for myself the areas I need to improve. Noy seen or used other versions so would be great to compare to see what is the best out there. 

Out of interest what info are you passing on? Your misees ? Do you have one percentage miss over the other? 

Mine told me my short game was a 15 handicap and driving, approach & putt around 3 :-( so short game is the only thing I work on. 

Tak KGC    2

Sorry for the late reply.

I pass fairways hit (where misses are) GIR ( again where the misses are) scrambling stats, putts and I also pass on strokes gained/lost against handicaps that I think I should be trying to reach.

hope that makes sense.