Fimac

Ready golf.

In light of the new rule change proposals, I am trying to encourage Ready Golf at my club. 

This I know will knock off substantial minutes from the weekly round, and therefore when the changes do come, we will be ahead of the game.

Has anyone got any funny poems or notices that will get the point over, without appearing to be over zealous. 

All help appreciated. 

I try to play ready golf, but you really have to be careful no one is in the way..... Beware, or you might already know, that English Law has Legal Precedents regarding injuries caused by golfers. If your club actively encourages ready golf you might find yourselves jointly liable with the golfer who ends up in the civil courts facing a claim for damages.

Although my club has free liability insurance for each member, which is rare, I buy my own every year (about £40) as well, just in case.

Does your club have any injury insurance liability cover in it's Corporate Insurance?   Please don't blame me, it's the Judges who set the Precedent.

Insurance is fine, I have my own and club is covered. 

Obviously care must be taken as it is in any other game. 

A lot of the ready golf idea is not just hitting out of turn but in fact just thinking ahead and making sure u use the wasted time wisely. 

Like checking out your putting line while the person with the honor is doing theirs. Not starting to look at it , after they have putted. 

Really it's just common sense and 

just as safe as playing normally. 

• Like 1

Common sense must prevail here.

It's no good going for the green because you are ready to play first, and the group in front our still on the green.

Ready golf to me means things like....

Letting the player with the shortest drive tee off first (as long as the group in front our out of their range!)

This way, the group in front should be moving further out of range as each person plays their shot.

Putting out, don't mark your golf ball if it's only a foot from the hole, walk up and tap it in.

It's silly little things like this that can decrease the amount of time a round of golf will take.

The only problem, if the group in front are not playing ready golf!

That's the whole point ..most of it is common sense. 

Cant always have everything but if we don't try we will get nowhere. 

Some players insist that the other balls are marked on the greens as it apparently distracts them. I say if they concentrate on their own ball they won't see the others ! Doesn't always go down well mind !