Chris P

Minchinhampton 36 Hole Comp 2017

7 posts in this topic

Back again for the sixth year, the annual Golfshake 36 Hole competition will once again take place at Minchinhampton Golf Club.  This year the event will take place on Friday 30th June with the format being as follows

• Bacon rolls and tea/coffee on arrival (upgrade to full English available)
  • 18 holes on the Avening course
  • Lunch of sandwiches and chips (upgrades available)
  • 18 holes on the Cherington course
  • Prizes

The competition will be stableford off full handicap and played from the white tees (red tees for ladies). The price for the above is £53 each

I'll be setting the comp up for subscription in the next few days and putting the link up on here.  The comp will be played the day before the men's open, one of the club's major open events, so the course should be in excellent condition. For those who haven't been before here's a link to the club -> http://minchinhamptongolfclub.co.uk/

Anyone who hasn't played here is in for a treat, I will be booking a day of work tomorrow

Sorry Chris, 

but the defending champ won't be able to attend as I'll be trying to win another title in Aberdovey with David Homer & Daniel Alavarez. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

I will be playing Chris again along with my brother. If you haven't played in this before then I would highly recommend it. I have played in this  for the last 4 years and its always a excellent day out. The courses are amazing as are the club house and pro shop. Looking forward to it and booked my time off work already.

JOHN F.  I live not far from Aberdovey. Another cracking links course if you have not played before your in for a treat.

Edited by shaunb

Shaunb,

Aberdovey has been on my wish list for years & cannot wait. Any tips?

The rough will be up when you play there and it's very unforgiving. If your a bit wayward with a driver hit a long iron especially if the wind is up.

When it's dry you can get a load of run and I like to chip run rather than throw it at the pins.