Pottonman

Stewart X9 Follow

I purchased a Stewart x9 follow trolley under a month ago but immediately realised that the follow function wasn't working very well, in fact it was dreadful. I have used it on 8 separate occasions and at no time have I managed to get the trolley to follow me from tee to green. The x9 follow sales pitch & promotion film is a big selling point for this particular trolley. The follow function is £500 on top of the remote control version. I have sent it back to the manufacturer to be checked and was told by e-mail that it would be a further 6 days before it would be looked at, due to the large amount of trolleys being serviced which miffed me as I paid £1500 for this trolley that's not fit purpose and there seems little urgency from the technical support to check and rectify this problem.  I phoned Stewart trolleys and spoke to customer support and was told that the head engineer dealing with this problem would call me back and guess what he didn't call. At this point I'm  really disappointed with the trolley, the non call back. Has anyone else have a similar problem with this trolley?

I have had simular problems with follow function among other issues, and almost all have been delt with instantly. I had to buy one extra handunit to be able to use the trolley while sent in the onje not working well. Claimed my initial one today that stopped functioning again - got response buy a new one :-(

I have use mine 300 rounds in Sweden and our conditions - yesterday when in follow mode I Heard a crash turned around and the upper part from the handle of trolley fell off ??? Claimed Stewart for material fatigue, 300 rounds no violent use and it broke down in follow mode running over a minor hole on fairway. The only weight oon handle top were towel and a isolated bottle holder with 50cl Cold water.

Stewart refused to admit material fatigue on their 2.700€ Trolley, that they said ite strong material enough - NOT FOR ME, when it fell off after probably 300 bumpy runs on fairways in Sweden temp between 0 - +40C - must been worn out. 

Its workable without handle but risky passing open bridges and parking lots, so had to BUY A NEW HANDLE, that they have in stock? Why they keep them in stock if they so STRONG ENOUGH, I can only guess...

But when you test one you feel thats it weak and shaky construction