Sign in to follow this  
Peter John Handy

New to Forum From Sheffield

Hi

I am new to this Forum have just taken up Golf again after a few years not playing. Work fairly long hours so only really available at the weekend and bank holidays but would like to know of any events going on in the South Yorkshire area. Also happy to meet members who live fairly locally at the weekend for a round of golf.

Cheers

Pete

Veravista    8

Hi Pete.  Not sure if you've heard anything from anyone but the County Golf League is a decent start for someone from your area.  Loads of people from around Sheffield play.  We do a round a month and play some cracking courses as part of a league, generally have a matchplay comp and go out and about when the opportunity arises.  The website is down at the moment being rebuilt (it will be http://countygolfleague.com/ ) when it's up and running again.  We do travel around a bit, first game this year is at Mapperley (Nottingham), I normally organise one near Derby but we do lots up your way.  It's free to register and games are usually in the £25 - £35 range on Saturdays or Sundays, and there's usually about 20+ of us.

Will keep my eye on this thread and give you a shout when the website is up again (should be 1st Feb) if you're interested.

• Like 1

Veravista    8

Pete

The new website is up and running so if you want to register and join in you're more than welcome.  We're trying to limit the amount of spam and stuff so at the moment registration will be done by the admin people so may take a couple of day to come through, but you'll then have full access.  Only two games up at the moment, but there will be more coming.   It's  www.countygolfleague.com

Look forward to seeing you

Tim