Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ricey155

2017 more comps less membership ! get busy

15 posts in this topic

2017 I'm having a year out from the standard club membership and if you read the thread on PMG a few months back you will get the plan ! 

I've got 25 events from April to October along with 10-15 events at my temp home club, can't wait to see how it goes. no more one track pony :-) 

what's everyone else got planned anything ?? 

1 person likes this

Ricey, 

I've pencilled in a few Opens and would be interested in a few more. If your looking for a partner keep me in mind please. I'm based in Coventry 

1 person likes this

2 questions;

1.  Does PMG give you an official handicap ?

2. And is an official handicap required to play in the events you are planning ?

1 person likes this

On 08/11/2016 at 19:26, Rob Nutt said:

Ricey, 

I've pencilled in a few Opens and would be interested in a few more. If your looking for a partner keep me in mind please. I'm based in Coventry 

Copsewood Grange, 

Last year I played at The Nottinghamshire and the Worcestershire, and twice in comps at Melton Mowbray

I'd be happy to play the Nottinghamshire again and at £21 each with food it's a steal

On 11/10/2016 at 15:37, Forum Admin said:

2 questions;

1.  Does PMG give you an official handicap ?

2. And is an official handicap required to play in the events you are planning ?

!: yes your a member of the club you sign up 

2: yes again these are proper CDH comps ! 

1 person likes this

Goo read :-) 

I think for me its the right choice, free's up options to play other courses and maintain my handicap and get a freshness playing other tracks, I get so bored not playing comps after all your game needs to be tested (well mine does) as I can play great without the card pressure !! 

Real test if you can get cut playing away all the time :-) 

1 person likes this

Well I signed up TO PMG for 2017 £341 inc union fee's my new club is Ullesthorpe I've got 110 points £2.95 per point, comp day early Sunday is 8pts, afternoon 6pts etc If I played today it would be 4 points £11.80

Works for me I#d rather practice and then play comps over social hacking :-)

£21 for the nottinghamshire seems a good deal ? 

2 hours ago, Ricey155 said:

Well I signed up TO PMG for 2017 £341 inc union fee's my new club is Ullesthorpe I've got 110 points £2.95 per point, comp day early Sunday is 8pts, afternoon 6pts etc If I played today it would be 4 points £11.80

Works for me I#d rather practice and then play comps over social hacking :-)

£21 for the nottinghamshire seems a good deal ? 

I've played Ullesthorpe a few times, I'm sure you'll have fun, 

I'll check my diary over the weekend, if I'm free on May 7th would you like to book the Nottinghamshire, only one spot remaining so no guarantee of a good tee time

Rob sounds good to me, fancy a knock there some excellent reviews !

OK, I have emailed the Nottinghamshire requesting the available tee time, as soon as I hear I'll post here and we will have one week to confirm and pay for the slot. I'm happy to pay up front and we could square up on the day.

1 person likes this

Think my games improving not playing but practicing more on specific things :-) 

Over making my membership value by playing 3 times or more and getting bored