So I was just wondering how often people change their wedges?

I've only ever owned 2 sets of wedges in 6 years and I only replaced the original wedges because I wanted to change lofts to bridge a gap between other clubs.

I change mine every couple of years. Obviously depends how much you play and how your short game technique is developing. There has been some pretty major tech improvements from companies in the past year. Especially Vokey and Cleveland. I have the Cleveland Wedges in the bag right now. Check out the vid I made at the launch recently: 

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/10344/Cleveland_RTX3_Wedge_Review.html

• Like 1

My 588's are coming up to 2 years old now and I'm definitely seeing a reduction in control on the 56 wedge, probably because I use it from bunkers and an awful lot from the grass too from inside 90yds (don't currently carry anything higher)

The 50 still seems to have a bit of life in it but if/when I swap it will be the set.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jonno
      Hi guys, I literally get nervous every time I have to hit a wedge and will ordinarily avoid it at all costs! I blade or fat everything and whenever im over a wedge im just praying for good contact! Any advice on helping me resolve this would be greatly appreciated as its ruining my university matches at the moment! I have no idea if you can insert videos or not but if so let me know and ill attach them ASAP 
    • By Bramwell
      Hi.....
      I have started a venture called The Golf Hub.  http://thegolfhub.net where I am collecting golf tuition and information about golf professionals that have a presence on the www.
      I hope that one day Darren will be kind enough to place a link on Golf shake to it.
      Please take a look and tell me how I should structure it.
    • By Cecil
      Hi. I’m playing off 12 and need to practice more from 100 yards in. Last few rounds I’ve been playing to that handicap and my performance in that area had been dreadful.
      To my knowledge there are no good spots near me (Kingston upon Thames) to practice this as a nomad golfer. 
      Does anyone have any suggestions?
    • By Scuba17
      We (Harlow Hill Golf Society) are a relatively new (2 years old) golf society, predominantly based out of North/West Yorkshire, however, we do have a couple of members based in Scotland and the Midlands. We originally set up as a group of friends, following retirement from an amateur football team, Harlow Hill FC in Harrogate. The natural order of things took place and we now try to find our successes, failures, delights and frustrations on the Golf course as opposed to the football field.
      We have had 14 members in our first 2 years but are looking to build on this and are keen to recruit anyone looking to play some semi regular golf within a society outside of a club environment. We have a good range of golfers, mainly at the higher end of the scale, ranging from 16 through to 28 and a couple still learning. We try to promote fairly regular games/matches with cup competitions and aim for 2 trips a year, either domestically or abroad.
      Any interest please let me know and I'd happy to share more info.
      Thanks
      Steve
    • By AndyRossJohnston
      Hi All
      I thought I would give this a try I know this is last min , I am Norfolk 30 , 31 December or 01st January - looking for a game - I play off 15 - 18
      Hope to see you soon
      Andy