JJ-OBAHUGS

Seeking Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham players !

Hi Golfers

I run a Facebook only Golf Society called OBAHUGS which has 30+ members from Sheffield, Doncaster, Rotherham, Pontefract and more areas.  We have around 20-30 events to join every year, including local and regional rounds, weekends away, a knock out singles cup, a Ryder Cup against a southern society, an East Coast Masters, a trip to Portugal, a curry night and more.  We also have live scoring leaderboards on an App as we play so you can see who is winning or playing well (or badly).  We have a small membership fee of around £20 (determined each year at an AGM) and we also have money pots and prizes for every single round.  The only criteria is that you have to be playing to a 28 handicap or better and we play ready golf rules, the aim of the whole society is to enjoy golf with some really good people.

If you want to join, you really need to be on Facebook ... search for OBAHUGS and request to join that will come to me and I will message you back with all the details.  We have a really good laugh as well as play amazing courses and good (and bad\) golf.  We have players from 28 (that's our minimum handicap) down to 2 handicap so a good range of players.

Get in touch and I am sure you'll like what you see.

Cheers 

James

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rich0757
      Hi All,
      I am looking for a golf society to join and ideally a playing partner around the Sheffield / South Yorkshire area? I am wanting to play more regular and get my 25 handicap down. I currently live in Sheffield so i am close to some good courses. I am also willing to travel outside the Sheffield area to play more regularly. 
      Cheers
      Rich
    • By Chris Clarkson
      I run a society and we use a mobile application for each fourball to enter their scores, while playing, when we hold an event.
      This app shows a running leaderboard and I am able to export the scores into an excel format.
      Does anyone know if it is possible to import these in to GolfShake rather than having to enter manually each score again?
    • By Scuba17
      We (Harlow Hill Golf Society) are a relatively new (2 years old) golf society, predominantly based out of North/West Yorkshire, however, we do have a couple of members based in Scotland and the Midlands. We originally set up as a group of friends, following retirement from an amateur football team, Harlow Hill FC in Harrogate. The natural order of things took place and we now try to find our successes, failures, delights and frustrations on the Golf course as opposed to the football field.
      We have had 14 members in our first 2 years but are looking to build on this and are keen to recruit anyone looking to play some semi regular golf within a society outside of a club environment. We have a good range of golfers, mainly at the higher end of the scale, ranging from 16 through to 28 and a couple still learning. We try to promote fairly regular games/matches with cup competitions and aim for 2 trips a year, either domestically or abroad.
      Any interest please let me know and I'd happy to share more info.
      Thanks
      Steve
    • By Chris
      Guys I've started a new Golf Society in North London playing three different courses. Looking for people to join us for some regular golf. Get in touch if you're an active golfer keen to play with a group
    • By Tom Derbyshire
      Our golf society is sadly a man down for our Ryder Cup style weekend for family reasons and we are hoping we might be able to fill that spot with a fellow golfshaker.
      Details are as follows:
      golf on 22 and 23 October 2016 at Marriott St Pierre, Chepstow (27 holes Sat followed by 18 on Sun) accommodation on Fri 21 and Sat 22 October. Ryder Cup format, involving two teams of 12, playing matchplay golf Cost is £235 Attendees aged from late twenties to late thirties, great bunch of lads Let me know if interested and I can provide more details.
      Thanks
      Tom