Sign in to follow this  
Cecil

Practicing the short game

Hi. I’m playing off 12 and need to practice more from 100 yards in. Last few rounds I’ve been playing to that handicap and my performance in that area had been dreadful.

To my knowledge there are no good spots near me (Kingston upon Thames) to practice this as a nomad golfer. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

are a member of a golf club? I often go to the 15 hole in my club in the evening (when no one is around) put loads of balls down and practice 100 yards in shots, I find it lot better than driving range. of course I spent a long time repairing divots. easier way is placing my bag 100 yards away and aiming towards it in a field, makes me think I am hitting from the rough.

Whatever way you find, you are spot on to practice 100 yards in shots, good luck, play well

Bet the ground keepers love you :)    is there not a practice area or bit of grass you could stick a pull in and do the same without effecting the greens ?

I'm not a member of a club at the moment and round here the local parks/police would be straight on that... There are lots of clubs near me but I've not yet approached them about the use their practice facilities yet.

I'd imagine they'd not be too receptive to the idea... unless I can find a pro who needs tickets to the pro golfers ball ;).

@Cecil what about the good old driving range ? not quite game style practice, unless they have a grass hitting area, but they will likely have markers set at certain distances.