Chris P

Golfshake 36 Hole Competition 2018

Hello everyone and Happy New Year.  The first Golfshake event of 2018 to be announced is here! 

The Minchinhampton 36 Hole Competition will be held on Friday 06th July 2018 and similar to previous years, the format will be: -

• Bacon roll and tea/coffee on arrival (upgrade to full English available)
  • 18 holes on Avening course
  • Lunch of sandwiches and chips (rolling basis)
  • 18 holes on Cherington course
  • Prize giving

First tee time will be at 10:00 and I've got 10 tee times reserved in 3 balls so a maximum of 30 players (though I could extend a couple of times if demand is there). Cost will be £55:00 and prizes will be begged from Darren again (I've always liked you Daz!). Breakfast upgrades will be available on request when booked in advance (+£3:00 for full English). 

This year the club is hosting Open Qualifying and we are playing just 10 days later.  Our game is also the day after the Ladies Open and a week before the Club Championships so I expect the course to be well set up.  I've set the game up on Golfshake and the link is here -> https://www.golfshake.com/golf/view/15193/

If anyone wants to stop over on the Friday night I can organise tee times for the Old Course on Saturday morning so you can play all three courses.  The Old Course is a unique experience and a traditional golf course, but please be aware that the cows and horses will be out and will need to be "negotiated"!  The Premier Inn Stroud is the usual place people stay and is about 10 mins drive from the course and 5 mins walk to the centre of Stroud for drinks and food

No problem Rob, you’ll be welcome as always. Not sure I want to to have as many shots as you have at the m9nent though. Need to get that handicap going the other way

On 1/14/2018 at 18:33, Rob Nutt said:

Chris, I have registered on the link provided, I'll be bringing the same chap as last year,

Thanks

I've registered, so hopefully will get scrounging a lift with you Rob :)

On 16/01/2018 at 19:26, sdparkes66 said:

I've registered, so hopefully will get scrounging a lift with you Rob :)

Can't see a problem with that

• Thanks 1

Having previously booked Minch for a works golf society, I can confirm you've managed to get a good deal for this!

I've logged my interest as need to check work dates and annual leave allowance first!

• Like 1

Evening everyone.  Now just eight weeks to the event and just a few spaces left.  Some of the regulars still need to confirm so if you want to play get your name down.  Hopefully see you all there

On 4/1/2018 at 19:38, Sam Ruddle said:

Having previously booked Minch for a works golf society, I can confirm you've managed to get a good deal for this!

I've logged my interest as need to check work dates and annual leave allowance first!

Hi Sam, have you managed to get the time off?

OMG massive fail again, playing the midland golf challenge same day (3 day event) must pen this in for 2019. 

On 14/05/2018 at 12:56, Ricey155 said:

OMG massive fail again, playing the midland golf challenge same day (3 day event) must pen this in for 2019. 

That is just poor planning. Huge fail *sigh*

Never mind, hopefully next year you can make it

• Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 18:57, James Wilson said:

Chris I will not be attending this year hope to next year 

Shame James, will miss you.  Looks like I’ll have to set up again next year

On 10/05/2018 at 16:45, Chris P said:

Hi Sam, have you managed to get the time off?

Afraid not!

We had to move our first work golf society day of the year at a Stoneham in April because of the bad weather, but something came up which meant I still had to use the day off! So I’ve got 1 less day of leave left than expected so will have to give it a miss this year. 

Hey guys

In no particular order, here's the list of everyone I have down to play.  Can you check the list and if you or anyone you know is expecting to play and not on the list please let me know and I'll add them.  There's 23 on the list plus 3 interested and I have a maximum of 30 so we're getting close to full

Name Handicap
John Flood 12.2
Tim Hawkins 12.7
Steve Johnson 16.1
Stu Laws 6.2
Chris Perry 12.8
Robert Nutt 17.4
Simon Parkes 23.3
Shaun Bethell 23.0
Mark Drew 17.1
Andy Johnston 18.4
Wayne Dunn 10.9
Rich Garner 14.6
Dave Homer 20.5
Daniel Alvarez 5.3
Pete Nash 14.7
Matt Wabe 5.1
Michael Hopkins 18.6
Dave Ley 10.4
Carl Smith 8.0
Adam Cooper 15.0
Justin Goodby 15
Joe Wheeler 20
Martin Flemings 11.2

33 minutes ago, Rob Nutt said:

Chris,

please add Ian Hodgkins h/c 25 to the list, he played last year

cheers

Consider it done

Good evening everyone

Just over three weeks to go until the comp. The courses are in in great condition and it looks like it will be a good day again

Payment is now due and needs to paid by no later than Friday 29 June so that I can confirm the numbers to the club and secure the appropriate number of tee times. As a reminder, price is as follows:-

• Bacon roll and tea/coffee on arrival, 36 Holes, lunch of sandwiches and chips, prizes = £55
  • Full English and tea/coffee on arrival, 36 Holes, lunch of sandwiches and chips, prizes = £58

Payment needs to be made to the account sent to all those registered via PM

Finally, if there are any requests (buggies, playing partners, early/late tee off etc.) please let me know and I'll do what I can to accommodate them

Any questions let me know, look forward to seeing you all there

On 14/01/2018 at 19:22, Chris P said:

No problem Rob, you’ll be welcome as always. Not sure I want to to have as many shots as you have at the m9nent though. Need to get that handicap going the other way

just as an update, I won a major but still playing off 17.3, maybe upto 18 by the time we play, there is still time

17 hours ago, Chris P said:

Good evening everyone

Just over three weeks to go until the comp. The courses are in in great condition and it looks like it will be a good day again

Payment is now due and needs to paid by no later than Friday 29 June so that I can confirm the numbers to the club and secure the appropriate number of tee times. As a reminder, price is as follows:-

• Bacon roll and tea/coffee on arrival, 36 Holes, lunch of sandwiches and chips, prizes = £55
  • Full English and tea/coffee on arrival, 36 Holes, lunch of sandwiches and chips, prizes = £58

Payment needs to be made to the account sent to all those registered via PM

Finally, if there are any requests (buggies, playing partners, early/late tee off etc.) please let me know and I'll do what I can to accommodate them

Any questions let me know, look forward to seeing you all there

Chris, will sort this on Monday as I am away all weekend and won't get to see my buddy.

1 hour ago, Rob Nutt said:

Chris, will sort this on Monday as I am away all weekend and won't get to see my buddy.

No problem Rob, you have a couple of weeks

Had to make some tweaks to the provisional groups as below, will send out the final groups later in the week

Name Handicap Group AM Time PM Time Breakfast Requests
Daniel Alvarez 5.3 Group 1 10:02 15:06 Full English Buggy
Dave Ley 10.4 Group 1 10:02 15:06 Bacon Roll Buggy
Chris Perry 12.8 Group 1 10:02 15:06 Full English  
Stu Laws 6.2 Group 1 10:02 15:06 Full English  
Carl Smith 8.0 Group 2 10:10 15:12 Full English Buggy
Justin Goodby 15 Group 2 10:10 15:12 Full English Buggy
Wayne Dunn 10.9 Group 2 10:10 15:12 Bacon Roll  
John Flood 10.5 Group 2 10:10 15:12 Bacon Roll  
Adam Cooper 15.0 Group 3 10:18 15:18 Full English Buggy
Joe Wheeler 20 Group 3 10:18 15:18 Full English Buggy
Shaun Bethell 23.0 Group 3 10:18 15:18 Full English  
Mark Drew 18.0 Group 3 10:18 15:18 Full English  
Matt Wabe 5.1 Group 4 10:26 15:24 Bacon Roll Buggy
Tim Hawkins 16.1 Group 4 10:26 15:24 Full English Buggy
Paul Milward 20.1 Group 4 10:26 15:24 Bacon Roll  
Dave Homer 20.5 Group 4 10:26 15:24 Full English  
James Minards 13 Group 5 10:34 15:30 Full English  
Pete Nash 14.7 Group 5 10:34 15:30 Bacon Roll  
Steve Johnson 16.1 Group 5 10:34 15:30 Full English  
Ian Hodgkins 25 Group 5 10:34 15:30 Bacon Roll  
Robert Nutt 17.4 Group 6 10:42 15:36 Full English  
Martin Flemings 11.2 Group 6 10:42 15:36 Full English  
Simon Parkes 23.3 Group 6 10:42 15:36 Bacon Roll  

On behlf of Ian and myself,

Many thanks to Chris for organising another great day of golf.

Thanks also to the greenstaff for their presentation, both courses were in great condition considering the extremely dry spell we're currently enjoying

A mention to the bar/catering staff for looking after use

Despite some awful golf between holes 10 and 18, I had an enoyable day, our host Martin was super, oh, and what a drive on the 16 longest Drive, measured at 330yards it just took the honours by 32yards.

Congratulations to the prize winners,

Finally, can I thank GolfShake for once again supporting the event

Thanks Chris, another well organised event and great to catch up with some old mates.  Pretty tough going on the day but the courses were in pretty good nick considering.

Cheers mate