Viper

Club closing. Broke Hill GC, Kent

Broke Hill GC in Halstead, Kent, is closing on 1st January 2018. Everyone is being moved to Chelsfield Lakes.

http://brokehill.co.uk/

Looks like the alleged Russian billionaire owner is bored with his toy.

Edited by Viper

10 hours ago, Ricey155 said:

or cashing in, prime real estate area? Looks like a downgrade the move? 

>:(Don't know what the developer is planning, but I do know that the course itself is designated Green Belt land.

Cannot as yet find any Planning Applications.

a guy i play football with is a member at Broke Hill at the moment and apparently the land was sold for £2M. 

He's thinking of joining Wrotham Heath as he doesn't fancy "joining" Chelsfield Lakes

Some further information passed to me recently.  I quote the important bits:

"Although Broke Hill Golf Course is private land, unfortunately for the old and new owners the course is criss-crossed with Public Rights of Way and Public Footpaths. My count is 3, maybe 4. These are regularly used.

The ultimate majority shareholder of the complex and extensive shell and holding companies involved in this is in fact not a Russian billionaire, but a billionaire from one the 'stans in eastern europe. He is an ultimate 60% shareholder in everything. He is alleged to have companies in Switzerland, Lichtenstein as well as running the golfing side of his empire through entities called "Green Grass Golf" and "North Eastern Investments".  There may also be other companies in the chain.  However, he appears to have 2 main threads to his business empire; property and golf.  I am also led to believe that the golf is because he likes golf.  Further, there is one small office in Bristol with one person working in it. 

Almost everything is going to Chelsfield Lakes.  Broke Hill Golf Club Ltd appears to be owned by Green Grass Golf.  At the bottom of the Chelsfield Lakes website is the reference to North Eastern Investments.  But as we know they are both part of the same empire.

Now there is a slight misdirection going on with regards to the alleged sale of the land to a developer; it isn't a sale.  Apparently it's just a transfer at Nil value from the golfing arm of his empire to the property arm.  (Comment: if this is a sale of £2m, it's still thought to be an internal sale).

Now, this is further complicated in that there is some sort of government review going on at the moment regarding how we treat and the permanence of Green Belt Land, and my source has seen a letter to a very local person to Broke Hill that states something along the lines that the review won't even conclude until the middle of next year.  Companies like Empires take the medium and long view.  I personally suspect that they are hoping that they will be able to build residential property on all or part of this land.  The housing shortage is all over the UK news all the time.  There's a railway station, Halstead, less than 200 metres away, and a bus route as well, so might appear to be a wonderful place to build housing with access to public transport.  Keeping the land having closed the business there cost very, very, little compared the return, even with a delay.  They may hoping to wear down the objectors, the Local council, and ultimately the relevant Government Minister.

To repeat for confirmation, at this moment I still cannot find any planning applications at this time for the land at Broke Hill." 

End quote, quote is edited for anonymity.

If I hear anything else I'll pass it on.