Chris P

Minchinhampton 36 Hole Comp 2016 - Date Announcement

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. The first Golfshake event to be announced for 2016 can now be revealed.

The rebranded Minch 36 will be held on Friday 24th June 2016 (can't really call it a season starter in June!) and similar to previous years, the format will be: -

• Bacon roll and tea/coffee on arrival
  • 18 holes on Avening course
  • Lunch of sandwiches and chips (rolling basis)
  • 18 holes on Cherington course
  • Prize giving

First tee time will be 09:30 and I've got 12 tee times reserved in 3 balls so a maximum of 36 players. Cost will be £49:00 and prizes will be begged from Darren again (I've always liked you Daz!). Breakfast and lunch upgrades will be available on request when booked in advance (+£4:50 for full English, +£4:00 for lunch). 

I'll set the game up on Golfshake in the next couple of days (that area of the website is currently having a system upgrade). When I've got the game loaded up I will put a link on the forum. In the meantime feel free to register your interest on this thread

If anyone wants to stop over on the Friday night I can organise tee times for the Old Course on Saturday morning so you can play all three courses.  The Old Course is a unique experience and a traditional golf course, but please be aware that the cows and horses will be out and will need to be "negotiated"! The Premier Inn in Stroud is the usual place people stay and is about 10 mins drive from the course and 5 mins walk to the centre of Stoud for drinks and food

• Like 2

Same day as my clubs Pro-AM, and I'll probably struggle to get the time off for that, and it's pretty much impossible for a full day off during term time.

You're in Terry. 

Half the places already gone and there's at least 3 more I know will be signing up. Get your names down quick

Afternoon everyone

Still a few places left for this game on Friday 24th June and final preparations are being put in place. There has been a slight change to the first tee times at the request of the club but I can confirm final details as follows: -

• 09:00 to 10:00 - Bacon rolls & tea/coffee (full english for those who upgraded)
  • 10:00 - First tee time on Avening course, playing as three balls
  • 14:00 onwards - Lunch of chips and sandwiches (upgrade requests will be served in the same period)
  • 15:00 - First tee time on Cherington course, playing as three balls
  • 20:00 - Prize giving (earlier if everyone has finished in time)
  • Total cost of £49:00 unless you want the breakfast or lunch upgrade

If anyone would like to join in please join via this link  http://www.golfshake.com/golf/view/12261/