Sign in to follow this  
Rob Nutt

End of Season REVIEW

Rob Nutt    52

SO...

with the golf season nearly over how did you fair.

for me my handicap moved significantly in the wrong direction, 

met some new golfers and played some good quality courses for bargain green fees.

Over to you

Bob Smith    6

I've played a lot of golf and visited a fair few different courses during the last year. Whilst I have definitely improved as a result, this sadly isn't reflected in the scores being achieved. Yes I am very much more consistent in my scoring, very regularly hitting sub-90 now. But I haven't managed to get the lower personal best result desired. I was (still am) hoping to break 80, but have only equalled my PB of 84 several times, failing to get below it, which is very frustrating indeed! My handicap has remained pretty much the same all year as a result of my consistency, just today finally moving up to 20.5 (21) due to a 1 over score on my home course which is par 69 (but has a SSS of only 66). Perhaps when the frost makes the ground harder, I will have a chance of lower scores,. I'm not a huge hitter, so mostly score best during summer, when the ball bounces and runs on a lot more, than it does when conditions are soft and wet!

Ricey155    59

Honestly pretty average and needs to improve fast. started 8.3 and wanted to get cut down to at least 6 by now! didn't play at all through Jan and Feb and tried to play my way into form via medals (that didn't work) and ended up 8.5 (9) then it clicked in the club champs (I peaked early) and got down to 7.0 and lost confidence in my long and short game. 

Last 3-4 weeks hit it better, missed on on prizes at 3 away medals with poor finishes in the last 2 holes :-( signs are good and I'm hoping maybe one day I can get somewhere near the 3 handicap back in my early twenties (tough quest) 

Winter series events @ Leamington and Brampton Heath to keep me going in the winter, probably stop again when the ice arrives and the floods #Wellies need to come out. 

2018 need to hit form early and shoot more in the 70s 

7.3 at mo seem to be yo-yoing 7 to 8 and back. get consistent FAST 

It's been my first year with a Resident Links Ticket in St. Andrews - meaning I can play all seven courses. Feel incredibly fortunate to be in that position and it has been a thrill to experience them all regularly, particularly the Old Course, with a highlight being in June when I played it alone in the evening as the last player out. Finished in dusk. Could barely see, but it was special to have that opportunity. 

Living here has brought me into contact with many different people. And the social side has really been the most positive thing. I've met and played with several people I first encountered online, including a guy from the United States who I played 54 holes with in 24 hours. His first time over. Sharing that with him was wonderful, and I've had a number of those chances this year. It's even more enjoyable than playing. Seeing St. Andrews through their eyes and sharing that with them. 

However, my golf itself has been fairly atrocious, with the odd bright spark. I have arthritis in my hands and haven't been able to grip the golf club properly for well over two years now, and my game has declined progressively over time. There just isn't the consistency anymore. But I remain optimistic and I cannot complain playing in St. Andrews!

Ricey155    59

Sounds good GolfShakeEditor :-) how much is a residents ticket ? Sounds good. 

First stableford of the year 38 with a blob from 65yrds 3rd and finally a decent knock after 2 months 

7 hours ago, Ricey155 said:

Sounds good GolfShakeEditor :-) how much is a residents ticket ? Sounds good. 

£210 a year, which is quite possibly the greatest deal in the history of human civilization.

• Thanks 1

Ricey155    59

New form going into the winter series events down to 6.8 so after an average year and many near misses / what could have been rounds -  I've dropped 1.5 with a few medals to go :-) 

2018 could be  exciting 

• Like 1

Ricey155    59

Wow just wow CSS went up so 6.6 and then followed it up again today :-) so in 10 days I've gone from 7.4 to 6.0 dead 

Just as I was thinking about going back to cricket as golf wasn't going well 75 today +3 nett 68. New belief for 2018 can we get back to three ??? :-) 

• Like 1

Ricey155    59
19 minutes ago, Rob Nutt said:

great golf, keep some  reserve for Lingdale

Think I'll be on fire for next Sunday #Buzzing 

Ricey155    59

Analyse of the season via the stats gained on golfshake tracker and intelligent golf gives some excellent feedback on where I can improve next year. 

course management has been pretty useless, and I always want to go in the sand if I miss a green #Fail 20% saves v 34% from the grass. 10% 3 putts gains to be had for sure. based on last 5 rounds which have been pretty good, it gets worse for 10 rounds :-( and I've reduced my handicap? WOW 

next year I can save 3.4 shot per round based on course management so looks like next year I can get down to my best ever 3.4 !!!!! stats never lie