Sign in to follow this  
Ricey155

Supplementary scores - do you get cut or point 1 back?

Ricey155    56

intelligentgolf has an easy add option so I used it today in the pairs invitation game, played average as most weeks but wondered if you can get cut or point one back on these cards or is it just for keeping your handicap purpose ? 

Edited by Ricey155

Brian T    22

Treated as a one man qualifier against SSS, so yes you can get cut and go up 0.1

Not sure I understand what you meant by the pairs invitational though. Supplementary should be your own card only, not part of any pairs comp.

Ricey155    56

It was a pairs event, but I putted out and marked my 18 along side the pairs comp. 

They keep asking for pairs, am/am scores etc so I thought I'd add one to my stats like that. I need to fill in all my away day pairs am/am results at some stage.

I've played 15 medals so they have an idea on my current ability or lack of it :-) 

Brian T    22

Pairs would allow partners to advise each other though and hence wouldn't be allowable (even if you said you didn't do that the fact is that conferring on shots is allowed).

The reason for asking for away comps and team comps to be returned is for end of year review. To see if players are fiddling the system and playing poorly in qualifiers and the winning all the pairs and team events.

Ricey155    56

Didn't sign the supplementary card book prior, so won't count. 

Funny I never ask my playing partner anything as its not his course #InvitationEvent big slopes 

AAA    4

Playing with a partner precludes a score from being a qualifier. But your results must be reported to your home club if the comp was not at your course.

New rule by England Golf since start of 2017.