Mike Friend

Looking for Golf Society. Watford Herts.

If you are aged 55 or over, and prepared to travel a little distance? I am a member of the Dad's Army Golf Society, based at Ruislip GC for our normal match days. We also have the occasional "away days" at other local courses, like Haste Hill, Northwood and others within reasonable travel time. Let me know if you are interested and I'll let you have more details. 

• Like 1

OK - DAGS meet in The Fairway @ Ruislip GC every Tuesday and Thursday morning. Tee times are 09.20  and 08.50 respectively, So players on the day need to register from say 08.30 and 08.00 onwards as appropriate. We are a mixed ability group of around 30, with "Golf Society* handicaps" from 15 up to 28. (*These handicaps don't align exactly with the CONGU system, as we operate a system of handicap decrease for winners that is independent of actual scores!)

We normally play Stableford format on Tuesdays and Medal on Thursday, with occasional Texas Scrambles or Foursomes team formats for a bit of variety. We have a few away days during the spring/summer months at a selection of courses within reasonable travelling distance, which are usually on a Monday, in addition to the normal match days. There is usually a Spring weekend, plus a late summer 5 day tour to Bournemouth each year.

So if you want to give us a try out, do feel free to come along on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and have a game. If you let me know if/when, I'll look out for you and make the introductions to the lads. I am the Handicap Secretary, so would be involved in setting you up with a playing handicap as appropriate.

Regards, Bob. (07864-709904) 

Edited by Bob Smith
Typo