Sign in to follow this  
AAA

9 hole comps

Just curious. How many knew that prior to 2016, the handicap of cat 1 players was not adjusted after playing in a 9 hole comp, whatever their score?

I didn't know but it makes sense. Off 1, how can you calculate a 9 hole score if you play the back nine and S.I. 1 is on the front nine?

You divide the SIs for that 9 by 2.

For example, in the nine holes to be played the stroke indices in hole-number sequence are as
follows:
Hole No. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SI from the 18- hole scorecard

14 10 4 16 2 8 6 12 18

SI for the nine hole scorecard

7 5 2 8 1 4 3 6 9

Edited by AAA

Read the CONGU booklet and it seems to suggest that Cat 1 players can have their handicap adjusted in a 9 hole competition. I am lucky that my Club have a fully measured 9 hole Academy course that is CONGU approved.

On 3/16/2017 at 20:25, TheLyth said:

Read the CONGU booklet and it seems to suggest that Cat 1 players can have their handicap adjusted in a 9 hole competition. I am lucky that my Club have a fully measured 9 hole Academy course that is CONGU approved.

Yes the regulation changed Jan 2016.

Any 9 holes of an 18 hole course can be rated. It's only a paper excercise by England Golf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sdparkes66
      Just had a fantastic morning out at Copsewood Grange Golf Club, this was organised for me by Rob Nutt (thanks very much)..
      I've been "clubless" for a few months and have been using Ardencote as somewhere to have some quiet rounds and keep myself moving, as mentioned Rob organised for me to take part in the "Sunday Swindle"...
      Got to say, I had a fantastic time, the members were really friendly and welcoming, I was made to feel at home and totally at ease..
      The course, for me, I loved it, bearing in mind we've had some miserable weather, and the course is built on a flood plane, I found it to be amazingly dry, yes, a few GUR areas, but nothing that affected the game too much. Lot's of nice tight tree lined holes, and a great Par 5, with an S shape !  From what I understand, a lot of the course upkeep is by volunteers, which goes to show how loved this place is that people will happily give up their time to help out. This dedication does show though, it really is a nice place, and I thoroughly recommend going there for a round ...

To top off my day, I closed the card with 35 points (13/22) !!

Thanks again Rob.