Sign in to follow this  
OwenDavies

Is this a good thing? Golf cheats targeted by England Golf

Already posted on 'Rules & Etiquette' Owen.

I find that Am-Ams can be won with stupid scores. Pro- Ams (best two scores on each hole) will usually be won with a score around 122, but have seen scores of 108 win Am-Ams.

I played in an Am-Am the other year and saw a guy play 5 shots and pick up on a par 3 that was "all scores to count" that day. Their card said 8pts for that hole and that player had 2pts in his column. I pointed this out to the organisers and was told "Its a fun day" and wouldn't do anything about it. They won Golf Shoes that day.

So in my eyes there is a second element in this that is not covered.

Never been a fan of am/am's for that very reason - honestly think there should be a rule only 2 from one club allowed and the same for pairs. There was a history of final 2 groups from same club winning the invitation open, somebody phoning them the leading scores 3 years running. 

I actually think I'm a cheat having played off 3 yet after 25 rounds I'm off 8 still after my comeback (Hard work hacking)