Sign in to follow this  
Golfshake Editor

What is Your Favourite Open Venue?

What is Your Favourite Open Venue?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favourite Open Venue?

• The Old Course at St. Andrews
    • Royal Troon
    • Muirfield
    • Royal Lytham & St. Annes
    • Carnoustie
    • Turnberry
    • Royal Portrush
    • Royal Birkdale
    • Royal St. George's
    • Royal Liverpool

It's just been announced that Royal St. George's will host the Open Championship in 2020. It will be the 15th time that the game's oldest major has come to Sandwich, with St. Andrews widely expected to be the venue of the 150th Open in 2021. R&A Chief Executive Martin Slumbers has confirmed that Turnberry remains on the rotation (despite its controversial owner) and that Muirfield will return providing the members vote to open up for female members. 

Question I have is, what is your favourite venue on the Open rotation? It can be for whatever reason. The quality of the course, location, or particular memories you have there. It goes without saying what mine is, considering I live in the Home of Golf, but I'm intrigued to see which of them stands out to everyone else?

Edited by Golfshake Editor

I have to go for Royal Troon over St Andrews because I always think the atmosphere at Troon spreads further from the course. Also the 'home' of The Open is just up the road.