Alman

Handicap not changing Query

Alman    0

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been asked before. I have looked at previous forum questions and can't find one that answers my query. Upon sign up I entered some scores from previous games and have been adding as I play ever since. I calculated my Handicap and 28 came back which didn't surprise me as I'm still pretty new. However since then I have entered a few scores and the change is always 0, but I do score points. For instance my last few scores are 36, 36, 28, 36. Are my scores too rubbish to make an impact?

Sorry if this is blindly obvious, still getting my head around handicaps.  

Rob Nutt    48

OK, working on 2 points for a par then 36 is par for the course. You need to score more than 36 to attract a cut, 

Don't panic, if you are returning scores of 36 you wont be far away from getting that 28 handicap down

• Like 2

Alman    0

Hi Rob

Thank you very much for that, completely answered my question. I was going to say I expecting it to increase, but have since read that 28 is the max.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my query.

Brian T    22

The difference between Par and SSS will depend on whether 36 is a true reflection on the stableford par for the course. if SSS is two shots less than par then 36 becomes 38 :)

• Like 2