Sign in to follow this  
John M

Winter gloves

Its been a while since I posted and this topic may have been discussed before. I am looking for suggestions for a suitable winter glove that gives cold and rainy weather protection. I particularly suffer from cold hands during winter. Appreciate a response from someone who " suffers " from cold hand syndrome and has found a solution. Thanks

I play golf all winter. Solution for me is to wear a pair of winter golf gloves, plus carry a pair of winter mittens with a hand warmer in each. I buy a box of hand warmers online, cost about 40p a pair. 

Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

During the cooler months you really do need to keep your hands warm.

I would follow Ruth's advice as it makes sense to me.

Always have more than one pair of winter golf gloves and change them once the cold starts getting through.

Winter golf gloves are excellent when it's really wet.

Waterproof mittens are great, but I would not put your hands inside while wearing wet gloves.

During the cooler months it is important to keep every part of your body dry and warm.

Russ

Thanks Ruth and  Russ ??,

I enjoy playing in rain free winter months as the course is sparsely populated and I can put down a couple of balls to practice etc. I have used hand warmers in the past and to a certain extent they do the trick. I guess what I am also after is a " brand " name for a suitable glove which covers the " rain " aspect as well as the cold. What I also find that compounds the situation is when you reach into a water filled cup to retrieve your ball, This doesn't help the situation at all and seems to bring it's own discomfort.

I've used the under armour cold gear gloves in the winter and the rain, really help keep you going when its bad

Even useful like today in just the rain #WetWeatherGear