Forum Admin

Tips: Range drill

I've actually just played a couple of rounds without a driver having been struggling with golf lately.  Was nice to not feel any need to try and muller the ball miles and played with some consistency - for me anyway :)

• Like 1

Probably good for your game, I've just joined the Forest of Arden so drivers needed even in the winter. Just changed my game plan from a power draw #Hook aim it right and snap it back to a solid #WestWood style fade 2yrds :-) 

Tracking my gamegolf stats I'm around 248yrds of the tee with pretty much no roll out, but my fairways percentage is up 50% to 73% and the game is so much easier from the cut grass :-) 

Still need to remove the dreaded 7 I have every round at present ! 

• Like 1

This video is spot-on. Not only that, but my Advanced PGA pro teaches exactly the same thing.....as did my previous pro.  Routines routine routine.

Treat every shot as a shot on the course; full routine; no more than 5 balls per club; gap between shot to relax the mind, body AND heart; always have a target and objective. I never use more than 60 balls, and usually 50.

I take LW, PW, 6i, 3i, 3w, Driver.  Warm up fully.  Start at LW end, 5 balls each.  I end with lots of PW and then LW exercise over 5 yards to 50 yards; why? because that's the distance I often find myself from the pin, and, the most duffed shot by amateurs/high handicappers is any short iron lob - we all tend to "thick" it !