Viper

Poll about Etiquette - 2

Etiquette - playing through.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. See below:

• Mandatory
    • Advisory

I'm having regular trouble with slow golfers ahead. So I have a question for you all, if any of you would care to answer: 

The little book from the R&A has an Etiquette section at the front. Do you consider the Etiquette listed below (Page 27) to be mandatory or advisory

"Pace of Play 

Play at Good Pace and Keep Up
Players should play at a good pace. The Committee may establish pace of play guidelines that all players should follow.

It is a group’s responsibility to keep up with the group in front. If it loses a clear hole and it is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group. Where a group has not lost a clear hole, but it is apparent that the group behind can play faster, it should invite the faster moving group to play through."

Edited by Viper

Taking the view of contracts

• "Shall" = mandatory, must comply
  • "Should" = advisory, comply where possible

As the etiquette guide uses "should" then I would consider it advisory BUT I would also say that the "comply where possible" would mean every effort should be made to follow it

On 15/08/2016 at 09:36, lmc said:

I love the courses where they have taken taken on each hole, keeps a good pace of play

Nope, can't work out what that means......

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Nope, can't work out what that means......

I think they mean target times. Hornsea GC have target times printed on their cards, for 6, 12 and 18 holes.

5 minutes ago, TheLyth said:

I think they mean target times. Hornsea GC have target times printed on their cards, for 6, 12 and 18 holes.

Oky doky

How strange....

over 100 views, but only 7 votes.... all the others can't all be guests, surely....?

Are people afraid to vote?  It's a secret ballot.