betsy8

not shoulder but upper arm muscle

though my arm is fine most of the time my right upper arm hurts with a shooting pain when it gets pulled backwards fast like if I'm trying to get a coat off. holding it at shoulder height and pulling it back is painful. this has started since i started golfing this summer (this is my 2nd year playing) i've been googling this and can't find anything that says it is related to golfing. wondering if any of you have experience this. thanks for any advice. definitely not rotator cuff, my shoulder doesn't hurt just muscles below around the arm

Definitely worth going to the doctor.

Sounds more like a tenon problem... but see a doctor. New body action, golf, perhaps triggered a reaction.

I have had excruciating pain in my elbow since last August. I have seen the doctor & am now under treatment with a physio to rectify my problem. You might need to see a pro about your clubs, grip or swing or worse case a multiple of them to see whats wrong. I also have had pains in my wrist & also in my fingers all to do with the tendons which cause the pain.

When I started playing golf too much 14 years ago I got pains in my left elbow, and with the arm just above and just below.  Yes, you've guessed, it's similar to tennis elbow, but they don't call it golf elbow.  Doctor, hospital out-patient physiotherapist, exercises including hand/finger gripping, and finally acupuncture on the NHS!  I did not know that the NHS approved of acupuncture. 
Well, it's gone.