TheLyth

What do you think?

Well to us Golfers St Andrews is the 'Home of Golf' but Troon (Prestwick actually) is the 'Home of The Open'. Anyone who has attended an Open at Royal Troon and stayed close by will tell you that the atmosphere around the place is second to none. The weather played a big part yesterday and Phil took advantage, someone's ghost, maybe even Old Tom himself blew on his ball inches from the hole on eighteen.

It is the first year Sky have it and I for one miss the BBC coverage, the Highlights show was more of what I'm used to.

What do you guys (and girls) think of it so far?

Slightly worried when it started yesterday morning after Monty hit the first tee shot and the studio coverage continued.  But once it got going it was excellent !

Love Troon, great to have a course with a hole like the Postage Stamp 8th at only 120+ yards and still see par+ scores from the pros.  Shows it doesn't always have to be long.

• Like 1

The first ever Open was played on the Old Course Prestwick. I have never understood why it doesn't get any fanfare nor bigger recognition.
It's Prestwick that should be "The home of the Open".

I don't think people push Royal Troon GC as the home of the Open, but the area. After all Royal Troon is on The Open rota as is The Old Course at St Andrews.

......but Prestwick isn't.

I was merely pointing out that the press and media never mention Prestwick, but they go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

and on

about St Andrews.

There is a difference between where the whole game started as against one Championship, but the BBC (I can't get Sky), Peter Alliss in particular have mentioned it on numerous occasions this week.