Daniel Cameron

Driver/Ball Help

Hi

I would really appreciate it if you could help me a little. I am 4 handicap with a 95mph driver swing speed. My main weakness is that I hit the ball low with a draw. The issue this causes me is that when I increase the loft on today’s adjustable drivers it also closes the face – increasing my draw/hook. Conversely to open the face I have to deloft the driver and hit it far too low to be effective. As a final challenge most drivers these days also have a small draw bias.

The two questions I have are:

What driver in your range would you recommend to address this issue?

The other solution could be to use a very high flying golf ball? I use a Pro V1X at the moment.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Go back to one of the older models adjustable ranges where you have loft choices too, that way you could choose the 9.5 or 10.5 head before you decide to change the face angle..... alternatively get a proper fitting where they can use different shaft choices to change the characteristics. I would certainly be looking at fitting for the club rather than trying to change the ball.

On 10/07/2016 at 08:22, Daniel Cameron said:

The issue this causes me is that when I increase the loft on today’s adjustable drivers it also closes the face – increasing my draw/hook.

In this scenario, given that you know what's about to happen, aim more to the right.

On 10/07/2016 at 08:22, Daniel Cameron said:

Conversely to open the face I have to deloft the driver and hit it far too low to be effective.

In this scenario, given that you know what's about to happen, raise the tee.

...................unless I've got this back-to-front...................?