Wickford Golfer

How can I make trips to the range more interesting?

Try hitting different types of shots and aim at the targets. Play a round in your head and see what score you can do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Left Handed Slicer said:

I like to play the course, each hole as you go round is likely a different set of shots. 

Otherwise i I can be partial to trying to drop the ball in the 100 yard nets

Thats pretty much what I do, always get 150 balls..

First 20, are warm ups, never drive more than 2

Then

Driver, 3 Wood, 9 or below

3 Wood, 4-8 iron, wedge (of choice)

Just keep going like that, if I have a duff shot or feel I can improve, take 2 more shots, but I try not to take more than 4 shots with the same club,

Once have around 50 balls left, I go up and down the bag..

I know that then when I walk away from the range, I've worked all my clubs, not just pounded the crap out of one or 2..

I was told by my PGA Pro, only to have 30 balls at the range, each ball should be hit with a purpose, be that a chip into the net, a drive or an iron to a set distance/target.

set up each time as you would on the course, 

anymore than 30 and the boredom starts

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rob Nutt said:

I was told by my PGA Pro, only to have 30 balls at the range, each ball should be hit with a purpose, be that a chip into the net, a drive or an iron to a set distance/target.

set up each time as you would on the course, 

anymore than 30 and the boredom starts

Gotta say, I never get bored, maybe it's due to me not just trying to constantly knock the crap out of every ball, but as suggested, a purpose.  Just need an imagination..  Maybe I have a good imagination. being ginger and having no friends :D

You could divide the range balls up into woods, long irons, mid irons and short irons.  Ten balls at a time for each section.

Play your golf course in your head.

Hit a draw, a fade and then a straight shot.

I would agree that you should do your normal pre-shot routine for each shot you play.  Forget the power tees, they are there to get you through your golf balls as quickly as possible.

My problem is that I only go to the range to practice my driving.  For my irons I use the practice ground at my golf club.

Russ