Chris P

What rule should be changed?

Golf is complicated. It's hard enough to hit that little white ball that's a foot in front of you and not moving in the direction you want with a stick designed to do the job without complicated rules making you wonder about things. So that being the case, here's a question:- 

• If you could change one rule in golf, what would it be and why?

To get you started, I would give free relief from a divot on the fairway. I don't see why a player should be punished when they have played a good shot and done nothing wrong. Miss the fairway and tough, but in the fairway free relief

What would you change?

Hmmm, the divot one always comes up but I think it would be too complicated in deciding what a divot is and when it no longer becomes a divot,

i would however vote for free relief out of a flooded bunker .... whilst the committee should rule the bunker to be GUR it rarely happens in practise.

23 hours ago, RussMidd said:

Having to buy drinks for everyone when you get a hole-in-one!

Not something I've had to worry about yet Russ

• Like 1

Having to get your knob out to play your next shot when you don't get past the ladies tee. 

Doesnt happen to me but I've seen some sights the latest in La Manga this year when a golfer on a tee adjacent to us was naked from the waist down playing his 2nd shot!!

ps I know it's not an R&A rule lol. 

23 hours ago, Jamie said:

dropping the ball

Dropping gives the randomness that came when the ball landed originally. Placing would allow an improvement most of the time.