Sign in to follow this  
lmc

Clicky golf members

Just joined a new golf course and mostly the members have been very welcoming, that is until last week when i had the pleasure [??] of playing a round with someone who openly took offence that he had to play with a new member and not any of his friends - the club rule is everyone turns up at the alloted competition time and names are pulled out of a hat.

Round of golf spoilt for me and him.

Only plus side was i beat him.

If they are the Clubs rules and he still entered, it's down to him. I know that many Cat1, and some Cat2 players prefer not to be paired with high handicappers when playing in comps. But the choice is always there, "You don't have to enter a Comp if you don't like the format"

It sounds like your Comp was similar to what I call a 'Clutch Comp'. You know you can be drawn with any level of golfer when you enter. Great way to meet new members and is more a social event than a strict comp.

You get them at all courses, nothing wrong with high handicappers only issue I have is not understanding how to get round the course, slashing it 100yrds offline into deep rough and not playing a provisional and never giving up the chase is the worst for me!!

Hit a second :-) practice is good

That is bad! 

He was clearly lacking the social skills needed to spend 4 hours with another person.

I think random draws are one of the great things about golf, being forced to meet people and spend time with them, particularly people we would not choose to spend time with normally. Sad to see that some don't embrace that aspect of the game. 

Random draws for the majors I like, adds to the drama eg: club champs

Being new to my course I've played with different people most weeks with success !! As for clicky we have 4-5 groups in the club all moan about each other lol