TheLyth

Well done Danny

What looked like a boring last round turned into some good viewing.

A while ago I, along with Darren Clarke and a few others tipped Danny Willett to be the next big British golfer. Tonight he proved us right.

I think Augusta did him a big favour by drawing him with Lee Westwood in the last round because you could see how they helped each other. Playing under pressure with a close friend on hand is a great help.

So a Yorkshire golfer is now a Masters Champion, even though Nottinghamshire may make a claim to him?

Mathew Fitzpatrick and Danny are Sheffield lads and with Worksop being in Nottinghamshire Lee Westwood can be Notts.

• Like 1

It did turn into a great night for watching golf.

The disappointment of McKilroy v Spieth on the Saturday was forgotten on the Sunday.

Having watched the action on Saturday I did not think that Jordan Spieth was playing that well.

His driving was a bit nervous, but to give him some credit he scrambled well.

So, roll on next year's tournament and let's see some more action.

Russ

It seems that at many of the Majors a door opens for a British golfer, remember Turnberry for Chris Wood and Lee Westwood. They both shut that door on themselves. Here Danny took the opportunity and walked straight through.

Danny did a great job; however, as usual the British press went overboard about it at every next event he was in.