Mikey Isle of Man

New Driver, oh Why???

I am not going to lie, I was alright with my old Callaway driver. Always seemed to hit it where I was aiming and generally was out there a good distance, but watched US Open and fancied a bit of the TaylorMade M1 action. I demoed it and was hitting it a mile on average about 50 yards further than my old driver so the obvious thing to do was buy one. Now that I have the driver, cannot seem to get it to behave. Have tried it in different positions in my stance and strangely, no two drives are the same. Will hit a rabbit killer (drilled less than 10 foot off the ground) followed by high fade (usual ball shape is draw) from the same ball position.

anyone got any pointers or drills to get me back on the straight (hopefully) and narrow? 

seems strange ?

I take it the new driver is same spec as demo? shaft, loft, grip etc etc . cac

/

Likely that you've started tying to hammering the ball, best solution would be a quick check up with a pro. Should be fairly simple for him to see the problem and clearly if you hit it well in the demo then you should be able to get something back from it on the course.

Hi this is my first post so please be gentle with me
I have Titleist 913 d3 driver with diamana s+ blue 62 regular shaft
I also have a 915 d3 with a stiff shaft I am using the 913 shaft in the 915
My question is would I find much difference between the diamana s+ blue 60 reg and my 62 reg
Thanks
Richard

Forget the machines its all about pressure, I can hit my new R15 (2nd hand) miles on the range the swing is easy and BOOM flies away 

Then put some trees and OB in action and your steering it along, tension you can't feel tightening those muscles, my round was gone Saturday last hole I hit it 323yrds why ? no tension it didn't matter. so length is great but accurate is KEY !! 

I hope you got it set up right and hit it miles and straight, off the peg shafts aren't for me Taylor make some good clubs I still think we all would be better with custom drivers from a custom builder with a shaft built for you not from a CART for the masses