Sign in to follow this  
TheLyth

Restating

Over the last 47 years I have had one major break from the game of 10yrs, got married and daughter was born so Golf was put to one side

In 2011 my knees became so bad that I stopped playing but still "smashed some balls" on the range. This week I actually played SIX HOLES with no real side effects, so I may be on the mend at last.

After the long break it only took a few months to get back to a competitive level, representing my Club in the Scratch Team and winning a Board competition before the knees gave in.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Well it's now official, I have Osteoarthritis in both knees. I'm back at Filey GC and three cards are in. Possible 15 hcp coming my way, will see next week.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 14:07, lmc said:

you will be back in the scratch team soon :)

If we still had one. Playing every Monday with two guys off 7 & 8 plus one off 19. Great company and getting to know other members too. Had a day out on Monday at Far Grange (Skipsea), 8 guys went but we only played 6 holes. Rained off, but we are welcome to return and play on a better day. Nice gesture by the Club and it was great that everyone started in the rain and it was only after it got torrential that we all called it a day.

• Like 1