Sign in to follow this  
nuremburger

Hello from Manchester and/or Germany

Hello,

my name is Oliver, I am 27 years old and I usually live in Nuremberg, Germany. Right now I live in Didsbury, Manchester until the end of this year's July.
I love running along the River Mersey and there I spotted a lot of nice looking golf courses. I must tell you that I never played any "real" golf but the more often I see the golf courses along the river the more I feel that I really would like to give it a try. I played a lighter version of golf which is called Swin-Golf already a couple of times and was enjoying it a lot. However I have no idea on how to start and where to begin.

In Germany I know that there are beginner's courses where you rent a set of golf clubs until you have your handicap which you get after an exam (theoretical and practical) at the end of the lessons. How do I become a golf player here in the UK, especially in the Manchester area? How much will I have to pay and are there, let's say, "more affordable" golf courses where beginner's lessons are a little cheaper?

I am really looking forward to your answers since I am totally confused.

Oliver